Sunday, December 29, 2013

Jackies T-shirt quilt

Danielle pieced this together, I quilted it.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

"Show Girl"

The third T-shirt quilt I've made, hopefully the last! . This one is for my niece Corinne, an inspiring actress. The shirts are from plays she has performed in.

Monday, December 16, 2013

Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Holiday in London Duffle.

Bari J is hosting a sew along starting this Monday with two blog post a week until September 6,  There will be added hints and tips, videos, photos and instructions. This bag measures 14x22x9 and is a carry on size. I may play along but not with AG fabrics.
I grabbed these photo from her blog.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Upcycled Capri Pants

These really are the same pants, not sure why the color looks different. I removed the draw string below the knee, measured 8 inches in on the bottom hem starting at the outer seam. On the inseam I measures up 15 inches from the bottom hem, drew a line with a water erase marker to connect that point to my 8 inch in mark, sewed the seam, trimmed off the excess then ironed. The 5 minute Capri pants make-over!


Monday, June 03, 2013

AGF Make it Right Challenge

Here is my entry for the Art Gallery Fabrics Make it Right Challenge. A quilted One Button Blazer.

Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Conversation Piece

A runner, for my coffee table, it measures 15" x 46". It was also a good practice for free motion quilting. Do you know what it says?

Tuesday, February 05, 2013


Magnolia, a paper pieced pattern by The Designer's Workshop. This was by far the most complex paper pieced project I have done. I really like this technique. I've also sewn several Karen K. Stones quilts as well as a few from Judy Niemeyer.

Monday, February 04, 2013

And The Winner Is....

ME! Art Gallery Fabrics just announced the overall winner of the 2012 Project Challenge, I am deeply honored to be chosen the winner! ( Photo Collage is from Art Gallery Fabrics Facebook Page)

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Powder Room Do-Over

Our house was built in the early 70's, where now most of the vintage style has been modernized with exception of the bathrooms. They are Harvest Gold, Avocado Green and Beige. The vanities are below builders grade too. The photo above shows the style of the before renovation.
I sanded, primed, painted and glazed this one. Ben added molding to cover up the routed groove, and also added it to the side.
This room was the last remaining wallpapered room in the house, it was yellow stripes with little pink flowers. (This had the Harvest Gold fixtures, also a yellow counter top.) We didn't want to change the tiled floor, so the vanity was painted to coordinate. Now the room is Bolero Red with White fixtures.

One room finished 2 more to go!

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Year of Art Gallery Fabric Challenges

 In 2012, I participated in monthly challenges sponsored by Art Gallery Fabrics. The items we had to make, for the most part were to be of your own design, and you could only use Art Gallery Fabrics. The monthly challenges included making a a messenger bag, table runner using solids, a saddle bag, headband with a twisted flower, an appliqued  heating pad (filled with rice), an embroidered wine bag, a pillow with a word on it 4 letters or longer, an apron incorporating a ruffle, an unusual shaped place mat, a computer bag, a sewing kit, and a stuffed toy, although not in that order.

Each month the designers at AGF selected a winner, where the prize was 10 yards of AGF fabrics! I won the place mat challenge, and tied for the pillow challenge. Below are the projects I made, I hope you enjoy them.