In my attempt to improve my free motion skills, I realized my sewing table needed to either be changed, as buy a new one, or adjust an existing one. So here's the project... below is an old photo of the wood top table my embroidery machine sat on. My Bernina is on a folding office table. I swapped the items on the wood table to that of the folding table, with the folding table now in the space the wood table was. Using my Sew Steady Table as template, we measured the area to cut.
With a jigsaw, Dan cut the table, following the curved corners of the from the template.
The photo below is what the underside of the table looks like. Using 3-inch L brackets, the cut out section was lowered to the height of the sewing surface on the machine. A perfect fit!