Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Inspiration

Webster says that inspiration is "any stimulus to create thought or action". I've read several post from Quilt Art about how to get inspired like re-arrange your fabric stash, listen to music, do exercises like drawings from a single word or picture, visit a museum or gallery, ect...ect...ect...

Well for me I seem to at loss, maybe it's the holidays, the hussle and bussle of shopping, getting cards mailed, and gifts sent so they are received on time. Maybe I need break from room at the end of the hall. I retired from my job as a swim lesson manager back in May, I had inspirations of spending hour upon hour sewing away with the cd player blaring loudly so not hear other noises in the house, like the phone. I have completed several projects since then, along with some UFO's.

I will continue to search for new inspiring ideas...I know they are there, just waiting for the right time to be discovered.

From the words of Pete Seeger:
"To every thing, turn, turn, turn
There is a season, turn, turn, turn
And a time to every purpose under heaven"



No comments: