Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I've Been Tagged - 20 Things About Me...

Mary Manahan, quiltstudio77, tagged me yesterday - it's now my turn to reveal 20 (insignificant or otherwise) things about myself in my blog... This may be hard but here goes in random order:

1. I am second in the birth order; I have an older brother, Earl, younger sister, Karen and younger brother, Scott.

2. I am the only one of my siblings who attended a private high school, an all girl's Catholic school. The year I was to enter high school, the city was desegregating all the high school, there were several riots and the city police patrolled the hallways with guns. Remember the Titans, yah it was sort of like that.

3. I was a Girl Scout. I remember doing lots of badges, selling cookies, going camping, our big bus trip to Washington D.C. funded by our cookie money!

4. I was a Girl Scout Leader, only Brownies.

5. I was a CYO cheerleader for basketball...rah rah

6. My first job was at a Burger King. I made Whoppers, hold the pickles, hold the lettuce, special orders don't upset us....

7. I used to ride the bus by myself, I think I was around 9 years old, for 10 cents, to go to the pool in the summer. I taught myself how to swim.

8. I can't sing...I have trained my hand to draw what my eyes see, but could never make my voice sing what my ears hear. What's up with that???

9. I once won $1000 from a radio contest. You had to listen all day for these 8 songs, then call in when they said to.

10. I used to love The Partridge Family..."I think I Love You, so what am I so afraid of...."

11. I've been to Europe 3 times. We went to Greece in 1979 for 16 days on our honeymoon. In 1998, we spent a week in Paris, Dan went for business, I tagged along. It was great, I toured Paris by day by myself, then went to dinner with 15 men each night. This July 2005, we went to London, two days after the first tube bomb. Also a business trip tag along. We even saw the Queen the day we went to watch the changing of the Guards....I have never even seen a U.S. President.....Mind the Gap.

12. In 1997 I torn my ACL, left knee. I was painting a bedroom, standing on a 5 gallon bucket...not as romantic as a sports injury but post surgery rehab was a real bitch.

13. I've been to Disneyland 3 times and Disney World once.

14. I used to work for Kodak. I won an employee photo contest and had my picture(me and the one I took) in the Kodakery, that's the company employee newspaper.

15. I was Photo Editor and a photographer of my high school yearbook.

16. I am currently retired, my last job was swim lesson manager at a health club. I managed approx. 40 instructors, 250-650 swim participants depending on what time of year it was. Now I stay home so I can spend time with my daughter, she's 17, college is fast approching!

17. I'm a procrastinator...enough said.

18. My favorite current TV shows are Lost, Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy.

19. I used to deliver the morning newspaper, only for 9 months...I took over my brothers route when he entered the Navy. I even went to a customers place of work, a car dealership, to collect what he owed me....His co-workers were all laughing, boy was he mad at me.

20. I have a new found passion, Art Quilts.

Hmmmm, who should I tag....Rayna at studio 78 notes.

No comments: